Self Managed Super Funds (Australian Superannuation)
Are you looking for help to buy a property for your Self Managed Super-Fund (SMSF)? Let KPI help you buy the right investment property for the right price.
With many Australians becoming frustrated with the poor performance of industry and retail super funds many are now taking control of their superannuation investments to make sure that they are in the best financial position come retirement.
When creating a SMSF investment strategy there is a lot to consider. You need professional advisers to help setup the SMSF together with auditors and administrators to assist with ongoing compliance audits. We have a network of professionals who specialise in this area, so not only can we help you purchase the right “investment grade” property, we can also put you in contact with experts in this field if needed ensuring you have the correct strategy in place.
You can buy residential, commercial or industrial property via your SMSF. You are not allowed to buy your principal place of residence however in the SMSF however you can buy your own commercial premises and lease them back to your company.
Some of the benefits SMSF property investment:
- Better control of your own investments
- Ability to borrow via non-recourse loans
- Only 15% tax on the net rental income
- Zero capital gains tax on income or capital gain after age 60
- Some renovations are permissible
- If the property is held for more than 12 months, any capital gain made on the sale will be taxed at a maximum rate of 10% or 0% after the age of 60
If you want to take more control of your retirement savings and purchase investment property using your superannuation funds, contact our office now.